Are you worried when you leave your older child at home alone with their younger siblings? If you’d like your 11-15 year old to learn babysitting skills and how to be safer when home alone, you may like to sign them up for our Red Cross Babysitting course on October 21 2016 in Coquitlam. Register online or call 604-945-7277.
Red Cross Babysitting course topics:
Help your child build valuable skills for a lifetime. As a trained babysitter, your child will learn how to:
- Look after babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children.
- Care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone.
- Create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors.
- React confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning or burns.
- Cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying.
- Play games and organize activities to keep kids of all ages entertained.
- Manage a babysitting business. This includes creating a resume and a business card and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job.
Questions? Call 604-945-7277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org