Creating safer communities by empowering people with education and lifesaving skills
Our services include:
- Online safety training - available via our extensive online course library.
- In-person Red Cross first aid & CPR classes in the Tri-Cities and Metro Vancouver area for the public and private groups.
- Mental Health First Aid (virtual) courses. Learn more.
- Red Cross Babysitting (virtual) courses for 11-15 year olds. Learn more.
- AED sales. Learn more.
Why Choose Safe + Sound?
- 25+ years experience in first aid training industry, offering public, private group, onsite, virtual and online classes.
- Training Partner for the Canadian Red Cross First Aid Program since 2000.
- Responsible for all Red Cross National Accounts in the Tri-Cities area.
- 4.9/5 Google rating and excellent client reviews.
- Member in good standing of the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce since 2005.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Recipient of two industry awards for business excellence.
- Highly qualified and experienced instructors.
If your staff members need first aid training, we can teach a course onsite in the convenience of your workplace or at our Coquitlam classroom.
Online training across Canada.
In-person training is offered throughout Metro Vancouver, including Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Surrey, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Vancouver, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Abbotsford and Langley.
Gill and Warren McCulloch, Owners
Gill and Warren immigrated to Canada in 1996 and have lived and worked in the Tri-Cities area of BC, Canada, since 1998. They are members of the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce and enjoy working with local businesses in the Metro Vancouver Area, providing training for their staff.
Gill and Warren want to live in a world where people look out for each other and help others without the expectation of reciprocation or reward. Offering first aid training is their contribution to creating that world.
"We want people to know how to give CPR to a person in cardiac arrest, have the skills to save a choking baby and support a person considering harming themselves.
Since 1999, we've trained over 50,000 people in first aid & CPR - about 2500 people annually. It makes us happy when a client tells us they've provided first aid or saved a life using skills they learned in one of our courses.
First aid training empowers people with the knowledge and skills they need to prevent accidents, save lives and come home to their families Safe and Sound."
We want you and your loved ones to come home safely at the end of each day
When Gill's son was five years old he choked on a candy, stopped breathing and nearly died.
Gill was able to save his life using skills she learned during her Red Cross training.
The day after that incident, a friend told her that a five year old girl in her neighbourhood had just died after choking on a piece of apple. Sadly, the little girl’s mother did not have the necessary training to save her daughter’s life.
Two similar incidents - two very different outcomes.
First aid is easy to learn - anyone can do it. A first aid course is inexpensive, only takes a few hours of your time. It may well be the best investment you will ever make.
In life-threatening emergency situations like choking, seconds really do count. Without oxygen the heart stops beating in 4-6 minutes. The average time it takes for an ambulance to arrive is 10 minutes. We all need to be prepared to react quickly and effectively in order to save a person’s life.
Anyone can be a hero by saving a life.
Don’t wait until it is too late. Register for a course or book a class for your team. Empower yourself and your co-workers with life saving skills.