CPR AED Level C training provides the skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies and choking for adults, children, and babies. Canadian Red Cross courses on cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) meet legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards. They include the latest CPR guidelines and training in using an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Emergency First Aid & CPR C and Standard First Aid & CPR C both include CPR level C and AED training. They are both nationally recognized Red Cross programs and accepted by WorkSafeBC as equivalent to Occupational First Aid Level 1 (OFA 1).
We do not offer CPR Level C as a public course. However, we offer CPR Level C classes for private groups. To schedule private training for groups of 12 or more, click here.
What are the different levels of CPR?
CPR A = Adult skills only
CPR B = Child (under age 8 years) and infant skills only. CPR B is included in the Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR program.
BLS = Basic Life Support. Safe + Sound does not offer this course.
If you are not sure which level of CPR training you or your staff should take, please contact us.
5 hours + breaks
Canadian Red Cross First Aid Instructor
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Minimum 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
- CPR Level C certificate (valid for 3 years from date of class) will be emailed to you when you have completed the course. Temporary certificates are available at the end of the course if requested.
We offer this option to private groups only.
To renew your CPR level C certificate please register for a CPR C class or talk to your supervisor about organizing a private recert class at your workplace.
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- Check, Call, Care
- Recovery position
- Choking – adult, child, baby
- Assisting with medications
- Angina and heart attack
- CPR and AED– adult, child, baby
- Deadly bleeding
- The Canadian Red Cross "CPR Manual" (eBook) is available for you to download on completion of the class. Once certified, course participants can find digital manuals here: My Red Cross (myrc.redcross.ca) > My Profile > My Digital Books.
- Pre-reading is not required, however, if English is your second language, you may like to study the course book before your class. Once you have registered for a class you can email us to request a copy of the eBook.
- Printed manuals are available for purchase in class (cash only).
I now feel confident in my abilities to perform CPR!
The best first aid course I have taken
I have just taken a Red Cross Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR class with Safe + Sound and it was the best first aid course I have taken to date! The instructor was very passionate about teaching first aid – the passionate ones make the best teachers. The instruction was clear, easy to follow and we were encouraged to ask questions if we didn’t understand. I now feel confident I’m my abilities to perform CPR and I highly recommend Safe + Sound First Aid Training.