Psychological First Aid Fact Sheet
This course equips learners in developing a personal understanding of the effects of stress, loss, trauma and grief on others, with emphasis on self-care and personal protection. Learners will be introduced to the Red Cross Look, Listen, Link, Live model - a resiliency-building approach to emotional, psychological, and social wellbeing that teaches learners how to support themselves and others to cope with the effects of various types of stress. The course uses primarily case-based learning and includes the latest evidence from the international community.
Please contact us for a quote for your group.
Course is adaptable to all audiences (Youth, Workplace, Professional Responder)
45-90 minutes online learning and 7 hours in-class
Red Cross Psychological First Aid Instructor
- 16 years of age (recommended)
- Psychological First Aid - Self-Care online course (required for blended option only)
- Successfully participate in 100% of the in-class course
- Successfully complete the online course: Psychological First Aid – Self-Care (required for blended option only)
3-year certification in Psychological First Aid
Case-based learning and discussion will be tailored to the audience and include the following content:
- Introduction to Red Cross
- Case Studies
- Psychological First Aid
- Operational Principles
- Stress, Distress
- Loss and Grief
- Vulnerable Populations
- Supportive Communication
- Look, Listen, Link, Live
- Resiliency and Protective Factors
- Policies, Legislation
- Psychological First Aid Workbook (print)
- Look, Listen, Link, Live cards
- Psychological First Aid–Self-Care online course (required for blended option)
- Psychological First Aid–Caring for Others online course (optional)
Psychological First Aid Training
At this time we are running private group classes only.
Group Training: To schedule training for a group of 12 or more please, please click here: Private Group Training.