SFA Blended Classroom Session
November 17, 2023 - November 24, 2023
8:30 am - 5:25 pm
Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C Recertification is for those who need to update their current (unexpired) Standard First Aid certification.
The course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. WorkSafeBC recognizes Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C Recertification as equivalent to Level 1 First Aid (OFA Level 1).
- To qualify for recertification, you must possess a Standard First Aid (SFA) certificate that is still valid on the day of your in-person class. You will be requested to email a copy of your current SFA certificate when you have completed your registration.
- Participants need internet access to complete the online theory component.
Blended classes include two components – 1. an online theory course and 2. an in-person, practical skills class. You must successfully complete the online self-study training before attending the classroom session.
Within 48 hours of registration, the Canadian Red Cross will email you instructions and a link to your online theory course. Please check your email spam/junk folders.
The online course must be completed before the in-person class, but no more than six weeks before the class date. If you are registering more than six weeks before your in-person classroom session, we suggest you begin your online training a couple of weeks before the in-person class so the course material is fresh in your mind.
You do not have to complete the online training in one session; you can stop at any time and continue where you left off.
During the in-person classroom session, you will practice first aid and CPR skills and complete a short multiple-choice test.
Total training time for Standard First Aid Recertification is approx 12 hours and includes:
- Online theory (self-study, 4 to 8 hours). The length of time to complete the course varies depending on the individual.
- Classroom skills session (in-person, 8 hours) – the date you are registering for now.
Standard First Aid Blended includes CPR Level C and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training. CPR Level C includes adult, child and infant skills.
Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C Blended certification is valid for three years. The Canadian Red Cross will email you a PDF certificate within two business of successfully completing the classroom skills session.
Venue Phone: 604-945-7277Address:
Coquitlam training classes are held at Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship (ERBF) located close to the Coquitlam Centre Mall and SkyTrain stations.
- Address: 1160 Lansdowne Drive, Coquitlam, BC, V3B 5V8
- Parking: There is a large free car park at ERBF. Please park in the North car park and enter the building through the door to the left of the glass doors under the sign that says “Office Entrance”.
- Accessibility: Automatic main doors and elevator access to the first floor classrooms available by previous arrangement – please call or email in advance.
- Training room location: When you enter the building, follow the signs to your training room. No drinks, except water, will be permitted in the classroom.
- What to wear: Training rooms are air-conditioned. Please wear comfortable, layered clothing.
Please note that we do not have an office at this location.