Cannabis & the Workplace: Employer Overview/Rights and Responsibilities
This course is designed to provide employers, managers, and supervisors with a more detailed understanding of cannabis in the context of the workplace, as well as regulations, rights and responsibilities, and tips on approaches to managing cannabis and safety.
This course is designed to provide employers, managers, and supervisors with a more detailed understanding of cannabis in the context of the workplace, as well as regulations, rights, and responsibilities, and tips on approaches to managing cannabis and safety.
After the completion of this course, you will have learned:
- Understand how laws have changed with regard to cannabis through 2018
- Understand the difference between recreational and medicinal cannabis use
- Be explained key terms surrounding workplace safety and cannabis use
- Know how to ensure due diligence by updating workplace Drug and Alcohol Policy to adequately consider and reflect changes to cannabis laws
- Know the rights and responsibilities of employers, managers, supervisors, and employees, as they relate to cannabis and the workplace
- Have a basic understanding of the legislation that governs these rights and responsibilities
- Know the importance of confidentiality and record-keeping
- Know when and why to test for impairment
- Get some post-incident testing tips and timelines
- Know when and why to use drug testing for reasonable cause
- Be briefly introduced to disclosure and the duty to accommodate
Online Course Duration
Approximately 20 minutes
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet-capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smartphones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Testing conducted throughout this online Managing Cannabis and the Workplace: Employer Overview/Rights and Responsibilities course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Registration Fee: $79.95
Frequently asked questions about online training
For general questions about certifications, payments, etc. See our comprehensive FAQ page.
DISCLAIMER - Any user of the online courses provided by Safe + Sound First Aid Training Ltd. (the “Company”) found on the website staging-wp123859.wpdns.ca acknowledges and agrees that Safe + Sound disclaims all liability and legal responsibility howsoever caused for the information contained in or referenced in any of the online courses. The Company does not warrant that the information will be sufficient for the user’s purposes and takes no responsibility for the consequences of how the information is used by the user or any employee or affiliate of the user.